In a hurry? Key Takeaways:
- Well written Job Descriptions help your company attract applicants with the right qualifications
- Job Descriptions are useful in a variety of Human Resources functions
- Job Descriptions can help avoid legal compliance and regulatory issues
A well written job description will help your company attract applicants who possess the right qualifications. They can also serve your company in many other ways, such as:
- Allows an employee to understand exactly what’s expected of them in the position
- Provides clarity across all the departments regarding how the position fits within the company
- Evaluate employee performance
- Gives an employee a basis for setting and achieving goals around their position
- Helps to develop Training and Professional Development programs for employees wanting to excel in their current position and/or work toward advancement
- Helps to determine compensation packages and future increases in compensation
- Outline the physical job requirements to comply with ADA and EEOC regulations
Our Clients Say:
Lapekas HR Consulting continues to be an amazing resource for me and my company. Over the years, we've worked together on creating job descriptions, selecting candidates to interview, talking through tough employment decisions and reviewing employee handbooks. As a small business owner, there are never enough hours in a day. I'm so grateful for Kathleen's knowledge and expertise!
While Job Descriptions aren’t required by law, ensuring they’re appropriately written can help avoid legal troubles by showcasing a company’s compliance policies as well as detailing justification for an employee’s exempt status.
Let's create Job Descriptions that move your company forward!